Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did it!

Five years ago I posted a thread saying I just got accepted to dental school. Well, here I am five years later and I just graduated! Life's looking good and I'll finally be able to afford all those Jem guitars I've been dreaming of for the last ten years.

Be well and don't forget to floss!

Mikael "The Dentist" Jurman

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Cool dude! CONGRATZ!!! Now get cracking buying those JEMS, I know you can afford them now. You dentists make a lot of money.

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment.

What now? Do you open a practice or go to work for someone else?

P.S. I'm pretty good about flossing twice a day. I even floss my teeth... ;)

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
bpd111 said:
Congratulations! That's quite an accomplishment.

What now? Do you open a practice or go to work for someone else?

P.S. I'm pretty good about flossing twice a day. I even floss my teeth... ;)
:lol:

Regards

André

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the kind words!

bpd111: In Sweden there are three ways to be employed:

1. Folktandvården meaning "the peoples dental care" where you are employed by the state and get a fixed sallary. That's where I'm going as are most newbies. It's a secure form or employment since you get paid wether you bring money to the practice or not. A great way to learn at your own speed and becoming a good dentist.

2. Praktikertjänst which is semi private practice where a big company (Praktikertjänst) employs you but you run (or rent) your practice yourself and they provide you with all kinds of practical help such as acountants, legal help and so on. Very popular in Sweden.

3. Private practice where you do everything yourself.

I'm starting out in Folktandvården but I'm open to going private in a few years when I feel comfortable doing the dental part of it and can start worrying about running a smal business.

That's it for now: party time is approaching...

Mikael

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Mikael Jurman said:
Thank you for the kind words!

bpd111: In Sweden there are three ways to be employed:

1. Folktandvården meaning "the peoples dental care" where you are employed by the state and get a fixed sallary. That's where I'm going as are most newbies. It's a secure form or employment since you get paid wether you bring money to the practice or not. A great way to learn at your own speed and becoming a good dentist.

2. Praktikertjänst which is semi private practice where a big company (Praktikertjänst) employs you but you run (or rent) your practice yourself and they provide you with all kinds of practical help such as acountants, legal help and so on. Very popular in Sweden.

3. Private practice where you do everything yourself.

I'm starting out in Folktandvården but I'm open to going private in a few years when I feel comfortable doing the dental part of it and can start worrying about running a smal business.

That's it for now: party time is approaching...

Mikael
Move to Denmark you earn much more there ;).

Regards

André

1 - 16 of 16 Posts