Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What's your favorite Dream Theater studio album?

• When Day & Dream Unite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Images & Words

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Awake

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • A Change Of Seasons (EP)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Falling Into Infinity

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Scenes From A Memory

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Train Of Thought

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Octavarium

Votes: 4 4.2%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually hate these "What's your favorite?" polls, but given the diverseness in this community, this one could be interesting.

So, use the poll & tell us "What's your favorite Dream Theater studio album?" Let's get an accurate count though. Don't just post a comment. VOTE ON THE POLL ALSO!

If I could only pick one, it would be SFAM.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd have to go with Train of Thought simply because it was heavy, Petrucci's playing was phenomenal, AND I just loved the instrumental. I listened to that entire cd over and over and over again for like two weeks straight after I got it.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Cool poll, because other than the last two (I HAVE ToT, but haven't even LISTENED to it yet, and I don't have 8ve-arium) and the exception that I pick I&W as the best, the order is how I'd have put them.

·
Super Moderator
7,433 Posts
I voted for I&W, I think it's the most complete album. Awake had some great tracks on it, and I really love some of the ones from when dream and Day unite too (much to my shame).

My favourite track though is JP's solo off the live in Tokyo concert. I think it's called Moon Bubbles.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I´ve voted Scenes because I HATE it for one reason: When I put it on my CD-player I can´t stop it untill it ends!!!! The music wants you to keep listening to. I don´t know if I had choosen Images or Awake for the second place.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Toss up between the 1st 6 albums (including ACOS)
The remaining trinity of poop is excluded IMO.
I think if I were to narrow it down, I'd say I&W and SFAM should be my top 2 and couldn't be divided.

Bamm

1 - 20 of 37 Posts