Ibanez JEM Forum banner

What's your favorite Dream Theater studio album?

• When Day & Dream Unite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Images & Words

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Awake

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • A Change Of Seasons (EP)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Falling Into Infinity

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Scenes From A Memory

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Train Of Thought

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Octavarium

Votes: 4 4.2%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually hate these "What's your favorite?" polls, but given the diverseness in this community, this one could be interesting.

So, use the poll & tell us "What's your favorite Dream Theater studio album?" Let's get an accurate count though. Don't just post a comment. VOTE ON THE POLL ALSO!

If I could only pick one, it would be SFAM.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
SFAM with no doubt!
Followed by Awake.
This is my 4th Awake CD, since previous 3 got full of scratches and turned unplayable after years of use/abuse!
Tubarão ;)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Awake, I never bought another DT album, because all the others I listened to weren't even close to Awake...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tubarão Guitars said:
SFAM with no doubt!
Followed by Awake.

Tubarão ;)
Agreed 100%. Awake is very hard to beat, but SFAM inches forward every so slighty. Either way, it's a tough call.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
learningtolive said:
Too right. Learning to Live gives it the slightest of margins to beat Awake for me. Ideally, my choice would be both.
Yeah yeah yeah...your username made it pretty obvious which one you like the most. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
I thing those programmed snares on I&W could be re-recorded with acoustic ones, uh? ;)
I&W: Album of the century with real acoustic drums!!!
Go, Mike...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd have to go with Train of Thought simply because it was heavy, Petrucci's playing was phenomenal, AND I just loved the instrumental. I listened to that entire cd over and over and over again for like two weeks straight after I got it.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Cool poll, because other than the last two (I HAVE ToT, but haven't even LISTENED to it yet, and I don't have 8ve-arium) and the exception that I pick I&W as the best, the order is how I'd have put them.

·
Super Moderator
7,288 Posts
I voted for I&W, I think it's the most complete album. Awake had some great tracks on it, and I really love some of the ones from when dream and Day unite too (much to my shame).

My favourite track though is JP's solo off the live in Tokyo concert. I think it's called Moon Bubbles.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I´ve voted Scenes because I HATE it for one reason: When I put it on my CD-player I can´t stop it untill it ends!!!! The music wants you to keep listening to. I don´t know if I had choosen Images or Awake for the second place.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Toss up between the 1st 6 albums (including ACOS)
The remaining trinity of poop is excluded IMO.
I think if I were to narrow it down, I'd say I&W and SFAM should be my top 2 and couldn't be divided.

Bamm

1 - 20 of 37 Posts