Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
1950s onwards.

Vintage Teles, Chromeboys and Swirls :D
I had a '56 Strat. So I can definitely see where the love of vintage teles comes from.

But seeing as I currently own two '89 RG750s, a '93 Parker, five original Universes, an RT650, and an '89 floral - I'd have to honestly say it's "late eighties/early nineties".

·
Registered
70 Posts
Two Eras - growing up in the sixties when music was evolving at a faster rate and the cool Fenders and Gibsons and Martin Guitars.

The Present- don't know about real expensive acoustics or Arch Top Electrics BUT- I think some of the best Electric Solidbodies of all time are being made right NOW.

The CNC neck pockets , the ultra precision frets on the better guitars of today and the set necks and neck throughs were NOT this good in the 60s or probably the 50s either - just as with Amps ( ESPECIALLY AMPS!) there's a wide variety of really good precision instruments if you care and know where to look and what you need.

Now is a good time except as a writer/ player very hard to come up with stuff people haven't heard before............................THAT's the challenge.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Well I would have to say mid 80's to mid 90's.....especially if they are pointy guitars. I have always had a soft spot in my heart for the B.C. Rich Ironbird and Warlock, Carvin X220(just like the v220 but pointier) and the Washburn AF40V(Ace Frehley model). I would love to see Washburn re-issue an updated AF40V as a bolt on with dual humbuckers and a better trem. It's hard to tell from looking at pics of it whether one could be made as a bolt on without too much body redesign.

Lately, I have been fiddling with the idea of buying a neck thru blank and cutting and shaping my own body wings to create my own updated AF40V. Of course I would have to send it away to have the routing done for the electronics cavity and pickup routes. Anyone know where I would send it to have a quality job done?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think for me it would be the mid 80s Ibanez which makes me feel lucky to own 2 1986 Ibanez Roadstar ll RG530 models only offered in 2 colors and i have them both :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts