Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it. I am going to swap the Edge Zero for an Edge Pro in my RGT320.

It'll be some work as I need to fill and relocate the studs, But I just cant stand that bridge anymore.

I played the 1st set last night with my EP equipped 1570 then the start of the second set with the EZ equipped RGT. I switched back to the 1570 after the second number. The EZ does not do the RGT a bit of justice. What a beautiful guitar fitted with a bridge that makes it play and ,most of all , sound worse than a guitar half of its value.

I'll keep anyone who is interested informed as the project progresses. It makes me nervous doing this on a neck through.

Scott

I won't even keep it after I take it out. If someone wants it, let me know.

·
Super Moderator
7,359 Posts
The "general" feeling here on this site has historically been that the older the model bridge, the better. Simply through a mixture of feel, playbility and stability.

If I was fitting a new bridge and going through the process you're looking at I'd personally go for an original Edge bridge, and sip the Lo Pro Edge altogether.

having said that, it's reputed (though I haven't done it myself) that an Edge Pro with locking stud posts is just as stable (but doesn't flutter as well.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
The "general" feeling here on this site has historically been that the older the model bridge, the better. Simply through a mixture of feel, playbility and stability.

If I was fitting a new bridge and going through the process you're looking at I'd personally go for an original Edge bridge, and sip the Lo Pro Edge altogether.

having said that, it's reputed (though I haven't done it myself) that an Edge Pro with locking stud posts is just as stable (but doesn't flutter as well.
Of course, there ARE those of us who think the whole thing is vastly over-represented. When the Edge pro came out it got absolutely hammered because of the lack of locking studs. That turned into 'lo pro is the best', which turned into 'i prefer original edge because vai uses it'

one thing leads to another, the newbies see it and start parroting, and suddenly we have a site full of people recommending bridges they've never played...

Then we get people like me who have tried lots of bridges and found they prefer the less obvious choices. I actually HATE the original edge. I don't much like the lo pro, and I ****ing LOVE the ZR.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Of course, there ARE those of us who think the whole thing is vastly over-represented. When the Edge pro came out it got absolutely hammered because of the lack of locking studs. That turned into 'lo pro is the best', which turned into 'i prefer original edge because vai uses it'

one thing leads to another, the newbies see it and start parroting, and suddenly we have a site full of people recommending bridges they've never played...

Then we get people like me who have tried lots of bridges and found they prefer the less obvious choices. I actually HATE the original edge. I don't much like the lo pro, and I ****ing LOVE the ZR.
Im agree i dont care much for the others I love the ZR and Edge Zero trems

1 - 14 of 14 Posts