Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
A tremsetter doesn't fix the bridge unfortunately, it merely stiffens up the tremolo.

I'd suggest looking at a tremol-no which can fix the bridge, allow it to only dive, or be fully floating.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was checking out some vai stuff turns out he has a setup aclled the ibanez backstop. however they dont make it anymore or something but esp make something similar rich used to sell it but he says hes out it was some thing like an arm adjuster

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Actually the tremsetter can be adjusted to its highest point of tension and the bridge is almost fixed (the bar is also almost unusable at that point)

·
Registered
383 Posts
johnboy30230 said:
i was checking out some vai stuff turns out he has a setup aclled the ibanez backstop. however they dont make it anymore or something but esp make something similar rich used to sell it but he says hes out it was some thing like an arm adjuster
Yea the esp arming adjuster will solve the non return to neutral when you yank and dive the bar and also provide counter tension for in-tune double stop bends.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not trying to fix the bridge i like being able to go either direction with my whammy bar however im looking for more stabability so i can change tunings with out having to readjust the bridge everytime

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Just try getting better at restringing and try finding new tricks etc...then it won't be such a tedious task, rather enjoyable for some strange reason :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts