Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Sorry for bringing the topic again. I have read the previous threads on this and other forums. However, they did not resolve the doubts I have.

So I have just bought a second-hand Ibanez S470DXQM made in Korea, which most likely has the first generation of ZR tremolo. The guitar is missing the bridge trem socket and arm. I have noticed that people recommended replacing the socket with Schaller parts. Unfortunately all the links to the Schaller sockets in the threads are no longer valid, thus I just wanted to confirm, if a generic Schaller Floyd Rose trem arm, such as www amazon co uk slash SCHALLER-FLOYD-ROSE-TREM-TREMOLO/dp/B005WS1G6M, will do the job.

Thanks,
Luke

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is the Edge Zero the same as the ZR bridge?
No, not really. Edge Zero uses a knife-edge based pivot rather than ball bearing. Aside from that they are very similar. The Edge Zero incorporates a lot of features found in ZR.

If you are interested in details (I would paste the links, if I could):

The Edge Zero
The trem is a knife edge design but it uses the saddle system from the ZR trems [...]. Along with the saddles the EZ system also incorporates the ZPS spring system that has been revised again into the ZPS3 and from what I can tell the only change is the plate design and that it removes much less wood in it's rout [...]. Because it uses the ZR saddles it also includes the ZR intonation screws screwed into the bass side of the baseplate.

ibanezrules.com

Zero Resistance

The ZR tremolo offers a number of improvements from the Original Floyd Rose; it contains a heavy sustain block, a pop-in arm and most importantly, a ball bearing-based pivot point and a removable stop-bar. This is also known as the Zero Point System.

Wikipedia

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.