Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is offering to barter a 2013 S5470 which has a ZR2 trem. Never used that trem. Anyone have any experience with it positive or negative?

I wanted an S with a trem. I did have an S5570 i loved, different trem, but was "forced" to trade it. Been contemplating an S6570. In case anyone can compare the trems. Or even between the two guitars.

Pay medical bills or buy a new guitar 😝 I've been good not buying in a while and think I need a new toy, one or the other.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an S970 with the ZR2 and I am a fan of the trem. They seemed to get a lot of hate while they were in production but I think it is a step forward. There's no knife edge to worry about wearing out and it is smooth as hell. People also said that you couldn't "warble" with it, but that's only true if you have the ZPS engaged and is the same with an edge zero trem with ZPS. Just take the ZPS off if you don't want it there :). The S5470 is pretty much the same guitar as the S5570 but with the ZR2 instead of the LoPro. I've never had a LoPro, so I can't compare specifically, but I've had many other floyd and floyd-like trem guitars and the ZR2 was just as good or better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts